I pick up jobs here and there as they interest me or as I need money (life is expensive). There’s a few things I’m good at. My goal in life is to help people realize themselves – I love coming alongside someone’s idea and helping make it a real thing. I’m affordable and adaptable. I expect quality out of my work, almost to a flaw. I’d be excited to hear what you have going on and how I might be able to be a part of the dream you’re trying to make a reality.
The Way It Works
I take work on a case-by-case basis right now and do my pricing as such. I strive to be fair and to have an open conversation about money, while also being clear and honest about my side of things. With everything below, the basics of the way it works:
- Step 1 – Start the conversation: Select a package that fits what you’re looking for and share with me what it is you’re looking for.
- Step 2 – Proposal: After our conversation has started rolling, I’ll put together a proposal for your review. We will get that proposal to be something we both want and agree to.
- Step 3 – Contract & Payment: A contract with our plan, clear roles and responsibilities, and prices will be sent for your review. Once the contract and initial payment are done, we’re ready for the real fun.
- Step 4 – Get Working: Obviously, every job will look different. The same thing pastoral counseling and web design are not. During this time, a clear and simple timeline with process goals will be discussed and maintained in order for us to accomplish as much as we wanted to at the beginning.
- Step 5 – Debrief and Hand-off: After everything is done, we will review and debrief, hand back off, anticipate what future plans may look like, and go over anything you need to wrap up our work together.
Speaking & Writing
Speaking and writing have been passions of mine and skills I’ve had the opportunity years of to practice. I’m real, informative, and engaging. I’m comfortable with any crowd and on almost any subject matter. I’ve developed a curriculum in suicide prevention funded by the DPHHS, done grant writing, worked in mental health and recovery, and just like working with words. If you’re looking for a speaker or writer to engage your audience on a matter, give me a shout-out, and let’s see what happens.
Web & Graphic Design
I started dabbling with Photoshop and HTML over 20 years ago in high school. Since then, web and graphic design have been a go-to skill set I’ve used in almost every job, and has been my sole job a couple of times. I pick up jobs enough that it’d be silly not to offer. I’m picky and affordable. If you need a logo, printed design, website, or whatever, let’s get the conversation going and see what we can put together.
I’ve heard a line from some science educators: “I know a little about a lot of things.” In the last few years, I have found that consulting has come naturally. Aside from being a pastor, I have an education in business and philosophy, experience in curriculum development and mental health, suicide and recovery, team training and personal development, as well as marketing and design. One of my favorite things is figuring something else out for someone. If you’re looking for someone to help with whatever you have your hands on, don’t hesitate to reach out to see what I can help with.
Pastoral Counseling & Coaching
One thing I’ve always been good at is people…mostly *awkward laughter*. I get people. Almost nothing about people surprises me or I find unrelatable. With the education, experience, and training I’ve received over the years if you’d like someone who can sit across from you, accept your issues, and help you work through them, I’m not saying I’m the right person, but I’m not afraid of finding out with you. I know the regret of mistakes, the humiliation of public failure, and the chains of fear. And I’ve been in the other chair enough to know that even reading this is a brave step. If I can help, I would be excited to hear from you soon.
Project Management & Development
I’m a bit of a project guy – I like projects. I stumbled into project management in the last coupe of years by chance and took to it. It combines a number of areas I find fun and am skilled at into a single area. If you have a project or proposal you’re looking for help on, I’d love to hear about it and what you’re looking for. I might be the person you’re looking for.